Leak from 'ends' of radiator after HW cylinder re-fitting

If you need to fit a new radiator valve, then you could fit one with an integral drain off:-

p1050790_l.jpg

Then it's there for the next time you do need to drain the system for any reason.

Sponsored Links
Did you drain the system before you started to solder the joints :eek:

No need to solder anything when you change a motorised valve. You can quite easily solder pipe work when bunging systems though, I do it all the time when swapping Radiators for Towel rads in a Bathroom

I notice you were born in 78?

A lot of the older Plumbers don't use the Bung method. I'm in favour of it, even done a few motorised valves using it. best tip of the last 20 years

Yes its a good method Bathstyle, I was shown it by a plumber a few years ago and was amazed how quick and easy he made it. I think you have to have some decent bungs though, I wouldn't trust a cork or anything.

I've never tried it but I think it can be done on a sealed system, close aav in combi?? , system boiler I wouldn't know as I've never had one. :confused:

Yes I am 31 Bathstyle, and I had to call myself 'JayJay1978' because when I registered it kept on saying I couldn't use 'JayJay' as it had to be alpha-neumeric, I tried many combinations but it kept rejecting them, I've never know anything like it. And how come everyone elses name isn't alpha-neumeric? :confused:

Did anyone else have this problem when registering? I emailed diynot but no one answered.

Alphanumeric means anything containing a letter of a figure. It does not have the condition that you must use a figure. You probably had a space in it somewhere.

Sponsored Links
I know what you saying bengasman, I've registered on loads of forums in the past with no bother but on here it was different.

I wanted to call myself 'screwfix reject' but that was rejected and yet 'Dick Puller' obviously works (with space), every username I could think of was rejected including all kinds of . * ' @ # mixed in without spaces untill in finally accepted 'JayJay1978' which wasn't my first choice.

I tried on and off for days and days to register.

Diynot you still haven't answered my email.

...I wanted to call myself 'screwfix reject' but that was rejected and yet 'Dick Puller' obviously works (with space...

Maybe I shouldn't try to be clever too early in the morning. :LOL:

I am reasonably au fait with i.t. stuff, but some of these things can be unexpectedly hard to solve. I have tried to set up a facebook account about half a dozen times, and it will never let me in the next day. Asked a number of people, including a seasoned software engineer, and nobody came up with the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back