leaking radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have a leak on my radiator. Its on the olive between the radiator valve and the the tail that goes in to the radiator. I have tightend it up with no luck it still weeps. Very slowly though it doesnt leave a dam patch on the carpet or anything. Any tips on how to fix.

Sponsored Links
Drain system, take valve off and remove olive, smooth surfaces, then redo with new olive is the correct longterm solution.
No doubt someone will advise to botch with a bit of tape or lsx

botch with a bit of tape or lsx
:?:

Only kidding.

Are you tightening using one spanner?

Sponsored Links
Drain system...waste all that inhibitor and time :eek: Hire a (mains electric) freezer for £40. ( from Travis Perkins )...about half of Agile`s repair fee ;). You can leave it connected all day while you get the parts @ your liesure.

Have got a gravity feed system and have found rubber bungs in the pipes at the expansion tank do the trick for this sort of thing.

ok would lsx fix it if I turn the valves off and drain the water from the radiator and put some lsx around the olive. Thanks for any help

EH why does he need to drain system it its on the rad tail.
Just isolate the rad, sometimes just loosening the nut and tapping rad valve further onto tail will fix it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back