Leak from mystery vessel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an intermittent leak from what looks like a glass vessel on the heating/hot water circuit.

You can see that the leak is coming from the left hand side and there is a deal of deposit from what must be a long-term leak.

It has isolation valves and I would be reasonably confident on replacing it IF i knew what it was. It looks like it is made of glass and I have no idea what function the jubilee clip round it actually performs.

Looking forward to being educated

Regards

Tet

Sponsored Links
It's got the same valves as a c/heating pump so you should be able to get a new rubber sealing washer

Sponsored Links
the poor design is in allowing rust particulate saturated water to circulate...

Is there something less poor that I can substitute in the same place, using the same fittings. At the moment I am either going to a) just replace the seals or b)replace the unit which is within my skillset

Regards

Tet

Is there something less poor that I can substitute in the same place, using the same fittings. At the moment I am either going to a) just replace the seals or b)replace the unit which is within my skillset

Regards

Tet
Might be better to remove it and put in a short length of pipe (without the pump-type valves), and install a decent filter somewhere else.

Regards

Tet
you change oil in a vehicle every 10k miles, you empty the bath, you change dish washer water etc etc...change the water in the system..

Well that didn't go as well as it might have done......

I managed to source a direct replacement for only £35. When trying to install I found out the reason for the leak as the fitting was actually under tension from the water tank frame behind.

The pump fittings were corroded and very stiff. Getting enough purchase was extremely difficult and when I released the metal clip to help, the whole assembly sprang open at an angle. Then I was left unable to disassemble or reassemble. I had to hold my hands up and call for a pro with better tools to bail me out of my DIY cul-de-sac.

Hey ho

Regards

Tet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back