leak in coolant system

E

EddieM

As the title, my car loses coolant, but obviously slowly as there is no coolant dripping onto the road. As I can't see where it's escaping I got some of this to aid in detection. It's pretty expensive though so could I use this instead ?

Sponsored Links
water pump is working. Still the redoubtable (or do I mean doubtful) S type big cat.

Ach so......no leaks from the pump then.
I must say I don't go for chemical sealing treatments - their eventual result may cause more bother than the leak itself. I'd be looking at the bottom of the main radiator for crusty deposits, hoping at the same time the internal heater matrix is sound - there would be a smell if it was faulty.
Any traces of coolant on the expansion bottle pipe?
John :)

Sponsored Links
ahh.. now that has be thinking the car does tend to mist up a bit.. hmm.

Maybe its just the radiator pressure cap that's letting by a little.....can you pop the end into a small bottle to check?
John :)

ok, looks like a very small ooze from a valve? on the expansion tank, which I've tightened and the rad has a small leak as well. New rad in summer it is then.

You might be best leaving the leak from the expansion tank to relieve the pressure on your failing radiator.

oh BTW the stuff I put in the coolant was a chemical sealer, it was a fluorescent tracing dye.

If you didn't found any issue in radiator then check the water level in radiator at daily basis. That is the only solution for that.

Sponsored Links
Back