leak in shower drain/waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. To put a long story short, after a long process of elimination, I determined that the waste/drain pipe in my ensuite is leaking. The final experiment involved carefully pouring water down the shower drain. The trap is fine as it's always full. The draining water travels underneath the slated floor - the entire bathroom is slate by the way - and enters the main bedroom via the door - the only place we observe the results of the leak.

This is a new build block of flats (floors are concrete), so I'm unable to access the pipe from the floor below.

My question is, is it possible to more precisely identify the location of the leak (and ultimately seal it) without taking the bathroom apart?

Many thanks for your advice! ;)

Sponsored Links
Friendly bump. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there no techniques/tools that can seal the leak from the inside? Just curious what the options are.

Is it a floating floor, with timber over the concrete? Because thats how it reads.

Can you access under the floor from the bedroom, to look? If it's floating

How did you find out about having a leak was it from the flat below?

Seeing that the floor is concrete then the slate would have to come up.

Andy

Sponsored Links
You say new build, does the place come with an NHBC 10 year guarantee. That may or may not cover that sort of thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back