Leak through ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak through my ceiling near my front door, this is directly below my bathroom.
I have measured it and it corresponds to below my bathroom basin, however when I run water there is no sign of leaks.
I have took off my bath panel and there is no sign of leaks underneath, apart from there is a piece of plywood on top of the frame that my bath is fitted to and this is very damp.

However the reason I mentioned the front door is that I had water coming in through at the point where the wall meets the ceiling above the front door, I spoke to a neighbour and he had a similar problem and he advised running some silicone sealant underneath some of the brickwork outside ( this I have done).

I'm not sure where to go from here, I have not noticed anymore water coming through since we have not had rain for a while.

This is the wall before I sealed it, are the types of walls reknown for allowing water ingress? [/img]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back