Leak under door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a patio door on my recently built garage, and I noticed that the concrete floor inside became wet after the heavy rain last weekend.

The door sits in the single skin blockwork which is rendered but underneath the door was just left as exposed block. I suspect the builders haven’t lapped the DPM up under the door on the inside. Also they roughly filled the gap under the door where it sits on the block with foam which could let water seeping through the block in. They then covered this gap with a strip of plastic.

ive attached picture. Any suggestions to eliminate this problem would be appreciated?

At the moment I am thinking:

Remove plastic strip. Seal gap under door with sealant. Once dry cover this gap over to block with waterproof tape, then replace the the plastics strip with a much deeper plastic board as far down under ground as I can get to in order to divert water as far down from doorframe as possible. Hopefully this would reduce chances of it seeping up through the block.

thanks
B960F0E5-A204-4FAC-B021-EB23975A1816.jpeg

Sponsored Links
your ground level is to high. It needs lowering below the inside FFL.
The render is to low and its in contact with the ground - it needs cutting back to 30mm to 40mm above ground level - the render also nees finishing with Bellcasts.
Bellcasts should have been used above the window and door openings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back