Leak under kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The leak slowly comes out from underneath where I’m pointing.

I’ve read that it’s probably a case of tightening it but when I tried to it doesn’t move, to either tighten or loosen. It has sealant around it at the top on the right hand side so I’m guessing that’s why. It doesn’t seem sturdy stuff so I thought it would still loosen and come off but it won’t budge.

Can this be fixed with some more sealant? If I try to apply it underneath where the waters dropping from. I’ve looked at that many I’m not sure which to get. Tetrion Make Good Fix A Leak? Fernox LS.X?

Attachments

• 396188A7-0608-42AC-AF88-17133BB312FA.jpeg
    396188A7-0608-42AC-AF88-17133BB312FA.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 69
Sponsored Links
You sure it is there and not the 45degree pipe above and right. Dry tissue paper dabed around best for finding leaks.

There will be a rubber/plastic cone shaped seal under the nut, that should be enough to seal it, but....

Get a pair of pipe grips or stillsons on the nut, to loosen it off, give it all a good clean and smear some Plumbers Mait around the seal contact faces and along the thread - that should fix it. Loosen is turn the spanner right towards left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back