Leak under sink (photo inside)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Basically we've had a leak for some time. The water doesn't gush out. It isn't even consistent (it seems), but it does leak.

Anyway, I had another look today after i'd poured the washing up water away & it looks like the leak is coming from that bit that sticks up on the left that looks similar to on the right.

What are these & are you able to tell from the photo what's needed to stop the leak?
Photo 28-10-2015, 3 09 18 p.m..jpg

Out of interest, does anyone have a clue what that yellow square tap is likely to be?

Sponsored Links
They are spouts for dishwasher/washing machine wastes. They either need a hose connected which is in use or to be capped off, no wonder they're leaking when left open like that!

Yellow tap could be for topping up pressure on the boiler.

Thanks.

These caps, would they be some universal size? Or do i need to try & get under there with a ruler?

Also what am i searching for when looking for these caps? I don't imagine i'll get too far with "sink caps" :) But i don't suspect they'll have too much of a technical name.

Check out McAlpine plumbing.....MA15 is a machine connection with a blanking plug which should sort you out!
John :)

Sponsored Links
That valve may be the isolator for an outside tap, Is one fitted on the other side of the wall.

Undo the washing machine spigot on the right, it will have a blanking cap in it, that's what you need for the left. Take it to a plumbers merchants and see if they can help

Turn off the yellow tap and see if anything stops working, outside tap etc.

We`ve worked out the Hose connector for a Dish Washer/ Washing Machine, my guess is the Yellow Tap supplies water to the same appliance

Or the cheaper and quicker way, buy a wine and use a cork to plug it.

Daniel.

Or even better buy the wine, drink it, then use the cork.

But select the wine carefully as most have screw caps now.

I hated them at first as unconventional but now see the advantages.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back