Leak while trying to remove washing machine hose

Sponsored Links
Do you have the tools to fix it is it easy to isolate? If no is the answer then cough up and get a plumber in

Sponsored Links

Do you have a couple of adjustable wrenches and know how to use them?

If so tighten that nut up a bit.

In 2nd thoughts, as you used a knife to cut the pipe off rather than just unscrew the blue nut, erm, I'd get a plumber in.

The hose is the old hose, I am trying to remove this one and attach my new one. The problem is the blue screw cap is so tightly attached that when I tried to loosen it the leak started. (The lever actually moved despite me having a wrench on the nut)

I do have adjustable wrenches.

Easiest way then would be to isolate the cold, remove that tap, work on it and then put it back together.

If not then undo the screw and remove the blue tap arm, the sides of the tap should have flats that you can fit an adjustable onto to hold the body, then grab the blue cap with a pair of vice grips. Same in reverse to tighten the top nut.

Easiest way then would be to isolate the cold, remove that tap, work on it and then put it back together.

If not then undo the screw and remove the blue tap arm, the sides of the tap should have flats that you can fit an adjustable onto to hold the body, then grab the blue cap with a pair of vice grips. Same in reverse to tighten the top nut.

Thank you. I was originally trying to hold the blue lever with a pair of pliers with on luck. (You can see the marks!) I shall remove the lever and try again. Thank you so much for your reply and it is greatly appreciated :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back