leak?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pressure gauge on my boiler keeps going into the red (from 2) so I keep topping it up sometimes twice a day, a plumber mate has checked out our boiler and the radiators and he says they're ok ,but it's apparant there is a leak somewhere, but when i suggested that there might be a leak in one of the pipes under the floorboards he said no way, It's slowly driving me crackers!!Help!!

Sponsored Links
Check the pressure relief valve in the boiler - it should have a drain pipe led to a safe venting point - usually to the outside. They often leak if they have been disturbed.

If you are losing enough water to require topping up twice a day, you should be able to see it dripping from the relief valve drain pipe, if it is coming from here.

SOUNDS LIKE IT A COMBI BOILER OR A SEALED SYSTEM.
CHECK RED PRESSURE VESSEL WITH AN EMPTY SYSTEM,SHOULD HAVE CORRECT PRCHARGE PRESSURS.ALSO CHECK GAS SIDE IS CUTTING DOWN CORRECTLY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back