new Baxi duotec2 pressure loss

This was a combi for hot water cylinder swap.

Will it be ok to take pressure to 2.5, Im very wary of PRV opening and making issue worse?

Regardless of the what the original system was, system MUST be able to withstand 3bar pressure.. PRV is set to 3 bar so one does not have an option but to ensure system will be ok at that pressure.

PRV is meant to lift at 3 bar. I would check the PRV at service intervals to ensure it operates. If the PRV is never checked (saying--- I am not touching that as it will start leaking moment I touch it) the PRV seat can stick to the metal, then valve will not operate at 3 bar but MUCH higher with possible damage to other parts. This is not figment of imagination, but have seen this often. So, I always operate the prv to check it lifts and discharges. If it starts to leak, well then have ready supply of replacements and easily replaced.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back