leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is mounted on the wall in the utility room. Yesterday I found that there are several small yellow-ish water stains on the utility room ceiling near the boiler. The affected area was already dry though and no water leaking down. I checked the study room and toilet upstairs and all (pipes to tap, radiators) seemed fine. I did hear some noise coming from the boiler when it started up but it seemed no different from its usual noise. This morning I checked again and things were the same, no visible leak except the water marks.

I just wonder where this water stain came from, could it be a very SLOW leak from the pipes under the floor board upstairs? Thanks for any tip!

Sponsored Links
Hello, im no expert but can you check the pressure in your system? If you're losing pressure then you've probably got a leak, if the pressure is the same as it was last week and if it doesnt move by next week then id say there is something else causing the stains.
Hope this is a little help, always a pleasure never a chore! :)

HI

copper pipes under floorboards dont just start to leak unless disturbed somehow so i would not worry about that.however plastic pipes can sometimes leak.first check the area above floorboards then if necessary lift floorboards and check underneath.good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back