Leaking 15 degree roof with Velux windows and Sandtoft 20/20

Sponsored Links
Were can I go on a course for zinc roofing because there only seems to be hardmetalking doing it.

There isnt much tile lap over the top flashing, the batten placed as a packer looks like its caused the flashing to bend down, chances are the problems there.

For some reason theres different sized packers over the battens between the windows.

Catlad - you could spend 5 years in Germany as a trainee to learn the basics, I'll give you a job when you come back...... If you're up to scratch!

Sponsored Links
There isnt much lap on the back gutter because as previously stated the windows are not in the correct position in relation to battens or vice versa.
A full on picture would be good..

A Velux back gutter typically illustrates between 60mm and 150mm clearance from the bottom edge of the top tile to the top upright kerb of the Velux.

He looks to be well within that.

My guess is that the problem is occurring elsewhere and that the Velux opening is the first weak point on the way down.

I would use a garden hose with an accurate nozzle and spray water locally to positions on the roof, starting from low to high.

I agree the issue is probably else where. However if things were set out correctly then there would be no need for the added batten behind the sponge also the rear sponge would not need triming at all.

eerrm I don't think the mrs would let me loose in Germany for a weekend!!! let alone 5 yrs so I will have to get back to you on that one :eek:

Hi BonnieJ

I have today just had a roof finished... a 15 degree pitch roof with 20/20 with 3 velux windows, and guess what... water streaming in!!!! did you resolve the problem ?????

regards

Angelinedb

You should employ a roofer to do your roof next time then, as its obviously not as simple as everybody thinks it is.

Hi Angelinedb, Sorry for late reply. Have you managed to get your roof sorted yet?

Hi all, I have the same problem with an extension that was done last year (but it is not yet plastered and I only have a block and beam floor at the moment due to lack of funds) ,I have plasterboarded the ceilings but this was at the end of summer and we have had rain since so can't get it plastered as there is damp /water soaking into the plasterboard. I have the same 20/20 tiles with 3 velux windows and it was all done by a highly recommended local roofer. Any ideas ? and did BonnieJ and
Angelinedb have and joy in getting it sorted ?
Thanks Paul

Essex and Herts. - the travellers are a`travelling - bit early in the year for them ;)

Santoff 20/20 get a 15 degree rating due to the interlocking design, so surly if you are stacking them on top of one and other i.e. between sky lights then they must revert back to plain tiles needing a much greater pitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back