Leaking AAV Biasi Activ A Plus 35C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you can "drag and drop" or "copy and paste" pictures into your post.
Hi all,

Was wondering if someone would be able to shed some light on a current situation I have with my boiler opened it up to install a wireless relay and came across this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TWrquYBJfLLomhU59

Seems the AAV on the Wilo Pump has slowly been leaking for a while, presuming that's why i've had to slowly increase the pressure as time has gone for a few months.

The only thing I remember doing is adding Fernox to the system in August.

Either way it looks like the AAV needs changing only thing is, I've seen the cynlindrical metal ones but never these push down/ up red cap ones. It seems to be intergrated in to the pump so does the whole pump assembly need changing? Or is there a possiblity of cleaning it.

I've pushed it down for now as a temporary solution and there is a slight rumble from the pump like the propeller vibrating when the boiler is on it's lowest flame. On maximum just after startup it's fine. Obviously having to open it here and there to vent it to make the rumble go away so I'm guessing there is probably air entering in the system somewhere.

Either that or I would change boilers but it's working since 2015 cant really complain with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171110_131339577(1).jpg
    IMG_20171110_131339577(1).jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back