Leaking and corroded boiler- with photos

Again, thanks for all your advice.
I reckon next week I’ll go ahead with the £300 service plan.

In the meantime…
At the top of the boiler- the corrosion is only in the vertical cylindrical part on the right hand side. All the parts at the top on the left all look clean and new.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have the equipment to test that boiler, I wouldn't use it until it's looked at and confirmed as safe.

Hi all.
Just wanted to follow up with an update.
Thanks for all advice given.
I bought a new auto air vent and clip (cost me <£20 with delivery) and had them replaced. Seems the old old was full of crap and I reckon couldn’t close properly.
Any way, it’s been a few weeks now and (touch wood) the problem seems to have been resolved. No more drips running down the face of the control panel, no more damp patch beneath the boiler, and no more constantly having to top up the water pressure!
Thanks again for all advice!

Option #2 gets him £750 towards a new boiler (against full retail?), but much of that could be found by looking to the discounted boiler suppliers.
Option 2 is with D&G customer gets the balance of the £750 minus whatever WB charge for condemming it, he would be better using that option, I would, he can use the money to replace with any boiler he wants using anyone he wants

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I was going to suggest changing the auto air vent first and see what happened.

But I was going to suggest that it was replaced by a gas registered engineer who could also check the safety of the boiler too!

I would put money on that the sump seal is leaking. You will find out soon enough when you start using the heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back