leaking rad leading to leaking boiler and loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I previously posted about a cold rad, the thermostat pin had become stuck, i've fixed this issue and for a few days this was fine, lovely and warm.

now i have a small leak on the lockshield valve side just under the nut to the pipe. i've not got the tools to fix it, or the know how, but taped it up to try and catch the leaking water in a bowl.

i went to sleep after emptying a full fruit bowl.

to wake up to a cold house - no hot rads, no hot water, a loss of pressure in the boiler -> 0.

and what looks like a few drips on the wall and a soggy carpet underneath the boiler in the cupboard. i.e a leak.

im in rented accomodation with a letting agents. tried to contact one of their emergency plumbers last night, 2 mobiles but no answers...

anyone got any ideas? what i can do!!

if i get a plumber in, how much will he/she cost??

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Contact the Letting Agent. They act for the Landlord and must get it sorted. It is their problem, not yours. Do not try to sort it yourself.

I second what Chrishutt says. If your letting agent drags its feet, tell it to expect a reduction in your rental payments until the matter is sorted.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back