Leaking Around Velux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved into a new house and in the recent storms had a bit of water staining appear around a velux in the loft conversion.

It looks like the tiles don't butt correctly to the velux unit so there is a 'massive' gap the wind can blow water through. It also looks like the connection to the window below is a bit bent and damaged so water flowing off and around the window gets diverted to the gap.

Any suggestions on what I can use to fill the gap? It doesnt look like I can do anything with the tiles as the window just seems to be put in a location where the tiles curve up.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_180126.jpg
    IMG_20201006_180126.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_20201006_180140.jpg
    IMG_20201006_180140.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20201006_180204.jpg
    IMG_20201006_180204.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 250
Sponsored Links
I dont know. I can see through the gap straight onto the felt. It doesnt look like there is any flashing beyond the bent upstands in the photos.

Try a few photos showing the whole area, from the photos I'm assuming there is more than one window I maybe wrong but I'm just going with what I can see from the photos.

Sponsored Links
Looks like the Foam filler has been removed . Also the moss needs clearing out it can cause a dam effect
And if those tiny cut tiles are not stuck in they are either loose or nailed through the flashing.

Looks like one window on top of another using a hacked standard flashing kit rather than the purpose made kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back