Leaking balcony

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

We moved into a house a couple of years ago with a 40sqm tiled balcony/terrace above a garage. The balcony is now leaking into the garage. Talking to the original owner, from the bottom up it goes concrete beams, sheet DPM, insulation, screed, tiles.

The DPM has obviously failed and the grout needs redoing. Is it possible to pull up the existing tiles and lay a new sheet DPM directly underneath or is it a case of having to dig everything out and starting again? Or is there an easier option that I've missed?

Thank you,
Andy

Sponsored Links
Typically, when any kind of flat roof arrangement has failed then its a case of ripping everything out back to the joisting or, in your case, the "concrete beams".
- what "concrete beams" means I'm afraid I dont know - Block & Beam?
I presume the garage is attached to the main house?
Your description of the roof layers is describing a poor build - what might now be a dangerous construction?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back