Leaking bath tap help replacing ceramic disc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I'm probably the worst handyman around. However I have decided to change the ceramic disc on my 1/4 turn tap as it's been leaking for a while now. I have managed to get the head off using an Allen key but there absolutely no budging the nut (possibly wrong term). I have a wrench but due to the access to the nut it makes it differcult to apply pressure whilst unscrewing. I have attach an image for you to see, questions is what tool do I need in order to unstressed the nut so I can replace the disc. I really dnt want to pay a plumbing £50 to unscrew one nut. But looks like the wife may make me!
Thanks in advance for the advice

Attachments

• IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
dont forget spray plenty of WD40 onto the nut thread, they can seize up over time. Also wear rubber gloves, you'd be surprised how a seized tap suddenly comes loose when you apply a lot of pressure only for your knuckles to hit the wall and remove a layer of skin! Good luck fella.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back