Leaking boiler valiant ecotec plus 612 ( help please )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi on entering the loft I noticed a small pool of water under the boiler , on looking it’s not leaking from any of the copper pipes I see under the boiler but I see it drip from the edge of the cover at bottom of boiler so must be inside somewhere , there was no pressure I opened refill valve to add a little pressure it then showed pressure in the dial , however it did nothing the screen keeps flashing con I tried turn off and on few times and reset boiler but it just doesn’t do anything any one any idea on issue I just wanna know any info before I call out an engineer tommorow ? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 25
Sponsored Links
Oh and will the leak stop if boiler turnt off after while cheers

Yes, the leak should stop after so long of not being used. The Con usually indicates a new pcb, but could be water ingress onto harness/low voltage component.

Is there any usual suspects to look for on the water leak ? And is it something I can try drying out before replace pcb or get a company in ? Cheers for the help

Sponsored Links
Best getting a company in as removing the cover forms part of the combustion circuit and needs checking, and also they could bring a pcb if that’s the case. As it’s a system boiler, there’s not much inside, so possibly the circulating pump or could be a failed condensate hose (model depending). If the latter, then that could be potentially dangerous too, as products of combustion could escape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back