Leaking & Cold shower - which valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a problem with my Triton bar valve shower first of all leaking, it seems to be an issue with pipework (which i can't get to without smashing a wall down) or the valve. The shower is also stone cold unless i run a cold water tap.

I'm was considering replacing either the flow control valve or thermostatic valve (or both) but i wasn't sure which one to start with to try fix this issue?

i should add that the shower is only 1 year old

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume that the shower has worked just fine in the past?

I would replace the thermostatic cartridge first, since it seems that the ratio of hot and cold is the issue.

Also, you say it's leaking? If it is leaking in the wall, I would get that sorted regardless of it's position in the wall.

I assume that the shower has worked just fine in the past?

I would replace the thermostatic cartridge first, since it seems that the ratio of hot and cold is the issue.

Also, you say it's leaking? If it is leaking in the wall, I would get that sorted regardless of it's position in the wall.

Yeah the shower worked fine previously for 3/4 months.

I'll buy a new thermostatic cartridge, I've had a look on ebay and see wo have generic ones for £40 or an official one from Triton for £90

It been slowly leaking since about 2 months after install but as the plumber did a cash in hand he's not interested. The pipework is behind a door frame and the tiling is near impossible to take off so was looking to see if I can resolve this without demolishing the shower I just paid thousands to have installed :(

Sponsored Links
next time you might consider a surface-mounted shower so the wall doesn't have to be smashed apart to fix it.

next time you might consider a surface-mounted shower so the wall doesn't have to be smashed apart to fix it.

yeah thanks for that response and for your information it is a surface mount however the pipework (if its not the valve) is obviously inside the wall.

That'll teach me

If it's leaking in the wall, you need to fix it - period!

That's the thing I don't want to go taking apart the wall unless i know for a fact that its the pipework leading to the shower if its possible the surface mount shower is failing and pushing water back in to the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back