Leaking concealed shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Note, the username is 10 years old from a different problem in a different property.

Approx one year ago we had a concealed shower valve professionally installed, over a bath. We moved in about 9 months ago and used the shower without incident. Six weeks ago we went on holiday for two weeks. Within a couple of weeks of our return, we began to notice a mouldy smell in the bathroom until all of a sudden about a week ago, water started seeping out of every joint on the wall with the shower on it.

We took the bath panel off and found a puddle of water under the bath. You could hear it dripping. We have just taken all the tiles off the wall to get at the valve, and have found the source of the leak.

This installation guide http://www.hudsonreed.co.uk/pdf/fit...RA_Twin_&_Triple_cw_Div_TWINTRIPDIV_Rev_0.pdf is not the correct manufacturer or model but seems very similar. The actual valve we have is by CP Hart.

The part that is leaking is shown on p6 of this guide, described as 'hot (/cold) 3/4" BSP female inlet'. On either side of this part are stamped the letters HP and LP. The water is seeping out from the screw in the centre; if you press on the screw, a little spurt of water comes out.

The water is turned off anyway, but I have stopped it seeping out (or perhaps just reduced?) by giving both a small adjustment with a screwdriver.

My questions are,

- what is the adjustment on this valve intended to do?
- how can I tell if the valve has failed or simply needs further adjustment?

Sponsored Links
Sorry for bringing up an old post.

Did you solve the issue? I'm having the same problem.

I'm new to this site but the questions asked by 'ColdShowers' regarding this screw are relevant to a leaking problem I have. Was there ever an answer?

Sponsored Links
The part is an isolator screw, once fully screwed in it stops water from the hot and cold coming into the mixer. I had to replace the whole part as I could not find a rubber washer of the same size as the one on the screw.

its shown in the video just after 1:18

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back