Concealed Shower Valve Cold issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

Hoping someone can help me with an issue i have with a recently fitted Concealed mixed shower valve.

I have a gravity fed system with a twin pump installed at the base of the hot water cyclinder that pumps my h&c feed to bathroom and en-suite

I have just fitted out a new en-suite and installed a New Arezzo twin concealed shower valve..

Since fitted- only the hot water will pump when using the shower and when i turn the thermo valve over to cold i am getting a slight trickle of cold water (just gravity fed pressure)

I have tried the following:

Activating the pump by opening the bath inlets in the main bathroom (that runs from the same pump)- hoping this would increase the pressure to the shower valve and determine that there just wasnt enough pressure to enable the pump to kick in- this didn't work i just had the same trickle of water

I have double checked the feed to the concealed shower valve and this is definitely feeding from the shower pump as when i close the gate valve to the pump- the trickled water that i am getting stops.

Before i start removing the concealed valve, is there anything i could be missing?

It almost feels like there could be a blockage but i did flush the pipes out before connecting to the concealed valve.

Hoping to sort this issue so i can get on with tiling- but reluctant to do this incase the lot needs to come out again :(

I do have a fair amount of years behind me for a diyer and have to this date fitted out 6 bathrooms/ en suites for myself and family etc- but definitely not experienced enough to tackle this issue.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes there time to help me out on this one :)

Sponsored Links
Have you got the hot and cold feeds into the shower valve the correct way round? Hot generally comes in on the left as you look at the shower.

100% definitely going into the correct inlets on the valve- i recall triple checking this on install

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back