Leaking conservatory roof problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this problem for many years. In 2007, about a year after I purchased the house, the roof was replaced (insurance claim) following storm damage. The problem only occurs in very heavy rain from the south. The flashing between roof and the house wall has been replaced several times but does not cure the problem. Internal damage to the house wall is now appearing. The suggested remedy is to replace the conservatory roof, but I can't see how that would cure the problem.

What's causing the water ingress and what's the solution?

Here are some pics.

cons 1.jpg cons 2.jpg cons 3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sounds like normal water penetration not being dealt with properly after the installation of the should be a conservatory.
There should be a cavity
tray above the level of the flashing and weep vents from that onto the flashing.
The cavity is designed so water can fall down and drain out, as per the design intention of a cavity wall. If it is not draining somewhere appropriate it is a flaw in the wall.
If the wall above is fully rendered then there must be a defect with the render, but I'm assuming it's not.

The solution is to remove bricks above the flashing and add a cavity tray and vents, or render the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back