Leaking conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMAG0039.jpg
Following the recent storms/heavy snow, my conservatory roof now leaks a bit when it rains.

Picture of the roof attached a few drops seem to come from here and there along the brown "spoke" highlighted in red.

I have no idea how these roofs are put together - is there a rubber sealing strip between the "spoke" and the transparent plastic panel? Can it be accessed/replaced?

I don't really want to go squirting silicone into the joint, as friends have suggested :eek:

Sponsored Links
a picture from outside may give a clue as there is no clue from the inside picture
check it hasn't simply slid down a bit

Okily dokily... took a couple of snaps. I wasn't really sure what part you meant would slide down, but some of the trim clearly had! Is that what you meant?

Anyway, I gently tapped the bits which were sticking out back up till they were flush… do you think that was the problem?

I’ve also included a pic of the top bit, where the sliding bits (wish I knew the proper names for what I’m talking about :notworthy: ) go into the top bit of the roof. Does that look like it might be a problem to you as well?

Thanks so much for your help :D
IMAG0043.jpg
IMAG0042.jpg

Sponsored Links
you also want to do something about that dirty great bright red line thats running down one of the hips.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back