Leaking Diverter valve on an Ideal Isar m30100 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During a gas safety certificate inspection the plumber found a leak from the diverter valve on this boiler. He suggested a new boiler and asked whether we had insurance cover (we don't).

He now says that his suppliers can no longer source spare parts for this particular boiler. I'm having no trouble at all finding multiple suppliers online, listing both the original and a new part number.

Would you
a) ask him to fit the new parts, as he's already seen the boiler?
b) get someone new to fit the new parts, because the current plumber seems to be hoping we'll replace the boiler if he doesn't bother to Google a part number?
c) fit a new boiler anyway, as this one is getting on a bit? New boiler seems to be £1600 - £2100, new parts are £100 for body and head.

Alternatively the manual doesn't say that the sealing panel needs to be removed. Can I do this myself?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The divereter valve has absolutely nothing to do with a gas safety inspection, get a decent engineer in

Sponsored Links
In fairness the diverter valve only came into it because the boiler started leaking. Could be an unfortunate coincidence, the house had been empty for a month, but it wasn't part of the safety inspection except that we had to turn on the hot water to spark up the boiler..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back