Leaking fibre glass flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my fibre glass roof above my kitchen has started leaking, insurance do not want to know. Was changed from felt 8 years ago, guy who did the work is dead so no come back there :eek:
Seems to have split in a couple of areas on the raised bulb like edging at the back of the roof. Any recommendations on:
1. A good patch up job to see me through the winter
2. Maybe a longer term fix

Cheers guys, any help, guideance always appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Seems to have split in a couple of areas on the raised bulb like edging at the back of the roof. Any recommendations on:
1. A good patch up job to see me through the winter
2. Maybe a longer term fix.

If you are a reasonable DIY'er you could fix it yourself. Use a 60grit sanding belt or disc sander to take it back to bare wood. If you contact a supplier such as this they will be able to supply a small kit to patch the area.

If you do it properly it should be as good as the original. After all, they can patch fibreglass boats and then go out in the sea :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back