Leaking from tap before filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The filling loop seems to have started leaking from the tap handle, I have adjusted the handle slightly to slow down the leak but cant stop it.

Can I just drain down and replace it with a filling loop like this http://www.screwfix.com/p/r24-filling-loop/83905

filling_loop.jpg

Sponsored Links
No, that will not fit. The valve has supply pipe coming from behind. You need a new valve set suitable for that boiler.

What boiler is it?

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Looks about right, but I'm not familiar with Vokeras.

You may only need to drain the water side of thr boiler.

Hi again. I've finally managed to get the part, am planning on sorting it out tomorrow. Will I have to completely drain the central heating system to replace the valve?

Just drain to that point, shut off the mains cold water, loosen that valve, release the system pressure and then let it drain till it stops.

Thanks for all your help. The valve is installed with no leaks, had a bit of trouble getting the valve off until I realised there was a very rusty retention clip holding the valve onto the boiler. Should I replace this clip?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back