Leaking inlet water supply in toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if any one can help or experienced the same problem.

I have 3 toilets in my house and they all at times suffer from a dripping inlet water supply within the cistern.
Although it doesn't happen all the time however it appears to be getting more regular.

Every time i remove the valve within the toilet cistern the reason for the leek appears to be due to a hairline piece of wire which appears to be copper getting between the rubber seal and the plastic valve.

After cleaning it out its fine however within a week another piece of wire will appear.

My house is only 12 years old so the pipe work should be in good condition.

Does any one have any ideas were the very small pieces of wire are coming from. The only thing I can think of is it may be coming from the in line scale inhibitor but this is only a guess.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
coming from. The only thing I can think of is it may be coming from the in line scale inhibitor but this is only a guess.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.
That`s not a bad guess :idea: I`ve seen them with a "kitchen scourer" effect copper thing inside ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back