Leaking - LONG PIPE FROM HEAT EXCHANGER Vokera, part no. 10023947

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pipe is leaking and I presume requires a replacement hose / pipe.

I'd like to understand:

1) Will a replacement pipe solve the leaking (The pipe leaks when cold, but no leak when warm)
2) Is the pipe replacement a simple DIY job, or is it best left for a professional ?
3) Any issues / tips to look out for when replacing the hose ?

Note: I've found the two water isolation valves to the pump, which is where the cold and hot flow pipes leave and enter the heat exchanger. I can isolate the electricity to the boiler by just unplugging it.

img_8923_li.105556

img_8923_li.105556

Sponsored Links
Can' see the pictures but @ianmcd can probably help if you give more information. What boiler is it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian,

What is the indicator that the system is dirty ? The boiler was serviced ~ a year ago.

Thanks Ian,

What is the indicator that the system is dirty ? The boiler was serviced ~ a year ago.
feel the hoses they will be hard and brittle, but dont squeeze them as they will deposit all the crud into the hydraulic manifold and a total mare to get out , servicing the boiler , the water quality would never be checked , unless it was BG trying to sell you a powerflush

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back