LEAKING NEW FLUIDMASTER 400 BOTTOM ENTRY FROM PLASTIC CISTERN NUT.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
If anyone can give me any advise on how to stop a leak please ?

I have just installed a new Fluidmaster 400 float valve bottom entry brass shank.

It is now leaking with a drip from the bottom white plastic washer which fits onto the cistern.
I made sure the rubber washer was put on cone end facing down inside the cistern but maybe I tightened it too much, worried about untightening now in case leak become worse.

Not sure what to do now, do I remove it and start again, says hand tighten nut in instructions , I used a wrench and maybe tightened too much, would this of damaged rubber washer ? do I need to buy another valve ? Would sealant help ?

Thanks for any help please

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/leak-from-new-fluidmaster-400.573283/#ixzz6yV1XcFf1

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
will try that tonight, but will that make a difference, could I of overtighned the plastic nut

Thanks for the info, the leak is dripping down the brass shank from the plastic washer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back