Leaking nut on radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Looking for some advice.
Took this radiator off for decoration and flushing. Have put it on the nut in the pic leaks slightly can’t seem to get the not to the right level to prevent the leaking . Any advice or should I just loosen and try again.
Thanks.
Btw it is the nut on the right connecting the valve to the radiator.
Not urgent the rad still works just an annoying leak.

Attachments

• IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
If you have given it as much tighten as you dare then take apart make sure joint is clean then smear of jointing compound / L S X or similar tighten up.
I would personally replace valve as well.

It’s prob best to drain the rad, unwind the nut fully and push it back so you can see the olive then put some jointing compound / LSX on the olive

That’s assuming the lockshield / valves turn off fully

It’s prob best to drain the rad, unwind the nut fully and push it back so you can see the olive then put some jointing compound / LSX on the olive

There is no olive on that valves union fitting to tail.

Sponsored Links
The valve does look to be in poor condition - and the joint at its bottom has clearly leaked in the past, as well as the one that is now leaking. Replacing the valve would be the best plan but of course that would need the whole system to be drained down, unless you are able to use a freezing kit

cant even get the basics about a rad valve right deary deary me

cant even get the basics about a rad valve right deary deary me
gas is stalking me, how sad.

I notice you couldn’t be bothered to provide any advice

My advice is true though: seal it properly.

gas is stalking me, how sad.

I notice you couldn’t be bothered to provide any advice

My advice is true though: seal it properly.
Why would i offer advice when its already correctly been given by exedon you on the other hand felt the need to try after him and couldnt even get one of the most basic joints right , stick to the GD least you are just making an ass of yourself to less people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back