Leaking pipe, very little space for fitting

I had 1 plumber round and he didn't want to do the job! Said it wasn;t worth his time and was too fiddly

Sponsored Links
The Joy of London " Plumbers " . :rolleyes: . Assuming it`s metric pipe - you need a 22 end feed Slip coupling ( or make one into a slip by removing the stop with a dremel ) If the pipes go to the bath / basin /wc. you could use the old trick of bread up the wet side of the pipe to stop the water while you`re soldering the joint . Then flush it out through an open tap . Just out of interest , what would you have been prepared to pay to have it fixed ;)

I have found that running the torch along the pipe before the joint can 'boil off ' the water enough to make it sufficiently dry to solder. Do it without the new fitting in place so the water/steam doesn't compromise the joint. Can take a little time but has always worked for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back