awkward leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Grateful for any advice on fixing an awkward leak. It's coming from a copper soldered elbow, which is fitted onto a pipe protruding about an inch from a cement wall (the pipe has been concreted in). I've taken the fitting off, and the end of the pipe isn't quite square (looks like the tail you get when you cut a pipe with a hacksaw), but there is a pipe above it, with a gap of couple of mm, which means it can't be recut without removing a section of whole and redoing both sets of pipes. No space for a compression fitting but a speedfit might fit. Or try resoldering.

Any thoughts - are there any joints which work (just) without being properly prepared, or am I stuck until I get the pipe cut completely square - reluctant to remove enough of the wall to allow me in to recut both pipes.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A Yorkshire elbow will give greater insertion depth and might work if cut angle isn't too great. Otherwise you might hacksaw off just the worst of the point to allow batter insertion into fitting socket.

Thanks Chrishutt
Redid the joint with a yorkshire and leak stopped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back