Leaking radiator questions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a leak from my radiator, its coming from the smaller nut just below the valve you turn with a spanner (packing nut is it??)

Ive put ptfe tape on it and rethreaded it in, however it screws in a bit then just keeps turning and not screwing anymore, is this normal? It looks like half the thread sticks out, its the same on the other side of the radiator aswell, its just impossible to 'tighten' as id expect it too.

Also can anyone help me decipher which valve is which on my rad, i dont have any TRV's so i assume i have a manual on/off valve and a lockshield valve?

If so how do i figure which is which? One of them turns with the cap, one of them i have to take the cap off and turn with pliers.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Best to post pics of what you have
This is the leaking nut with some ptfe tape on and thats the furthest itll screw in. The valve on the opposite side looks the exact same so not sure which is the on/off valve and which is lockshield.

Attachments

• 20231107_165259.jpg
    20231107_165259.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 27

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back