Leaking Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A radiator has developed a leak not on a seam near the top of the unit, it seems that it's due to corrosion and is leaking about a pint of water a day for the last two days, I live in rented accomodation and the land lord is away at the moment, so does anyone know of an easy fix to stop the leak (temporarily possibly).

I have looked through all other posts and not found any similar questions.

Moved as originally posted in WRONG FORUM (general diy)

Sponsored Links
if its to stop dammage turn the valves off on both ends [taking note of how many time you turn the valve at the plain end]

Is there any way the hole can be plugged as it's getting colder this week I think, if not I'll turn it off and bring out the electric heaters,

Thanks for the reply. :evil:

my understanding is one they start to leak it only a short time before they fail completely
i am sure there are temporary repairs some one else will hopfully come along in a minuite and put you out of your[cold ]missery :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
wouldnt hold your breath :LOL:

however i did see a boiler sealed with plastir padding once and it held

not a suggestion just an observation :D

Turn your leaking rad off at both valves,repressurise if a combi and then run your heating as normal to the rest of the house.
Get your landlord to replace as you cannot fix them once corroded :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back