leaking radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, hope someone can help, i have a radiator which is leaking from the top can anyone advise how to remedy this? thanks

Sponsored Links
at the top of the radiator there is something which is sort of 50p shaped and everytime my cental heating is switched off it leaks from it

....errrr are you sure it has 7 sides :eek: and not a hexagon nut (either a blanking nut with an 'o' ring behind or complete with a tiny square bleed valve in the middle?)
John :)

Sponsored Links
if the radiator is not generally old and rusty, you can probably unscrew the plug, clean both threads with a wire brush, and refit with PTFE tape round the threads. It might also have a fibre washer or rubber O ring if it is modern. Tightly close the valves at both ends first and open the bleed screw to me sure no water squirts out.

If it is damaged you can buy a new plug very easily, but get the old one out to see what size it is.

A photo would help

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129539

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back