leaking radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone please help i have a spilt seam on my living room radiator the rad is cast iron can these radiators be repaired because i can't find one the same size due to age of rad.

Sponsored Links
Can you weld cast iron? not sure.If not any repair will only be a bodge IMO and best to search harder for a new rad.You use adaptors and extensions to accommodate new rad sizes.

Did you leave the house empty and it froze up?

Sponsored Links
I've known iron column radiators last 50 or 100 years without rusting through. Sometimes they get leaks though. They're made of multiple iron pieces held together with a couple of long bolts and some jointing compound. It is possible to take them apart and re-assemble with new bolts and compound. There are a few people who make a handsome living out of doing that (plus sand-blasting and respraying to look like new)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back