Leaking radiators . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(

The house and system is about 23 years old. 4 years ago it was drained down to replace a leaking rad. When refilled, Betz Dearborn Sentinel X100 was added by the plumber.

Within the last year, I have experienced a further 5 radiators developing pin holes, 3 in the last 2 months.

Is this lack of maintenance on my part or what/where should I be looking? Or is it just age (radiators, not mine which is classified).

All/any help or suggestions gladly received ... its giving me nightmares because all the modern sizes and completely different to those rads fitted and each one I have done has been a real challenge...

Sponsored Links
If your radiators (and the rest of your system) is over 20 years old you have definitely had your moneys worth. :rolleyes:
You should be thinking of upgrading / renewing your heating system completely.
If you can not afford to then I am afraid you will have to keep on replacing rads when they spring a leak.
If you do renew, make sure inhibitor is added into the system

I suppose we all think our heating systems are immortal! If you reckon 20 years is a good run then I will just grin and bear it. My only concern was that I had overlooked something which could be causing the rads to fail... never considered they might have a sell by date. Thanks for taking the time to reply

Geoff

i saw
hot120.jpg
also
bsquared.jpg

in a house yesterday, why not get one to be different, mind you don't fancy cleaning the holes in the "square" one

Sponsored Links
On the topic of those funky designs....
Are they any good ? Do people have problems compared to good old boring white panels ? Or do they just look nice and fail to heat or give problems ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back