Leaking rubber pipe vaillant ecotec 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
When i turn the Ch on the system the system fires up as normal but then soon after it starts to drips liquid onto the worktop below where the boiler is housed,it looses pressure not massively but enough to create a small puddle,however when i switch over to DHW the leak seems to stop? I took the boiler casing off to see where it could be leaking from and i have found a rubber pipe which connects to a copper pie and held on by some sort of metal ring clip,At the the top of the pipe where the arrow on the left is pointing at is where it leaking from and the arrow to the right is showing it dripping down the pipe.What do i need to do in order to fix this quickly and safely?Also where do i source the item(s) i need.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
that is a very common problem on that boiler, there is a complete kit available for replacing the hose and connectors but I just buy 2 x jubilee clips large enough and remove the hose clean it through and reconnect with the pipe hose clips, you will get the replacement kit from any parts centre if you prefer that or probably ebay which might be cheaper, its not a hard job to do

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply,do you think somewhere like city plumbing may do it as i have one close by? and also apart from the boiler being turned off is there anything else i should consider whilst changing/fixing part?

Many Thanks

doubt if city Plumbing would have the kit but any wolsley parts centre will you will have to drain the boiler before removing the hose.

Sponsored Links
No just the boiler, if you don't want to do that just buy 2 x 28mm pipe clips and open them up , place them over the pipes cut the existing clips off and then tighten the new clips over the hose they shouldn't be more than a few quid so if it doesn't work you haven't really lost anything but usually works

Hi
You say pipe clips but do you mean jubilee clips? and what would i use to remove the old clip as i scared of damaging the rubber

Hi
oh right! thought you meant jubilee but had to ask,as for the old clips these seem to be crimped of some sort so think im gonna struggle getting these off without damaging anything but ill just have to have a go

Many thanks for your help and advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back