Leaking service valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have changed the siphon on a close coupled cistern, but can't get the service valve to seal on the plastic water inlet pipe. Can i use a flexi tap connector to connect the solid pipework to the plastic water inlet pipe?

It's an alignment problem as i cant get the nut of the service valve to go on square, so if a flexi would work this should solve the misalignment.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
you can use a flexi.
but it may be the plastic thread is damaged on the fill valve so a flexi may have the same problem.

if you have emptied the cistern of water loosen the fill valve to give you abit of leaway to get the valve nut started then retighten the fill valve plastic nut.

Thanks very much for that, ill give it a go on monday.

monday its only thursday now
surprised-004.gif

Sponsored Links
I had the exact same problem with my w.c cistern, Alingment was a problem, so i used a flexi, but as seco said, it still leaked for me as the plastic threads where damaged. Ended up putting a new fill valve in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back