Leaking shower tray/ cubicle

BAHCO said:
I've never known anything like this in my life and will stick to plumbing from now on.
I thought this was a plumber way of life :LOL:

Sponsored Links
now then bahco.....this could well have been (it has been in my past experience) lack of sealant under the shower enclosure...where the enclosure bottom corner meets the tile and the tray. if there was no sealant there when u installed it then what happens water runs down the enclosure/tile joint ...gets behind the enclosure ..runs to the tray and out the back......
hope that was clear and poss helpfull in the future !!!

:mad: OH MY GOD
Glad to see its not just me suffering from a shower leak! i have now decided to buy something called a showerseal?! does anyone know if these work?? even had a new ceiling and when i took old one down could not find the leak neither could a plumber so this is the last straw and i abandon my shower and have bath's for ever> Any help would be great

Dave

Remove shower tray and seal the floor with silicone so any leaks will be visible and will not go onto your downstairs ceiling.

The key is to silicone as previous posters have said.
Let us know how you get on with this shower seal. :D

Sponsored Links
Bahco
bathroom refits ...
been in the trade for over 30 yrs ....
plasterboard/plaster skim walls + shower walls =rubbish

marine ply. best .. or the cheaper WPB ....

sorry to here of your troubles .. :(

glad your ok now ,, :)

I'm surprised you didn't go for cement board over plaster board behind the tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back