Leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just installed a new power shower using the existing porcelain base. Everything is siliconed and all tiling is done with waterproof adhesive & grout, however first time I switch on I have a wet floorbard next to the base.
When the old shower was in place the same floorboard was getting wet but this was because there was a bad seal on the screen & there was lots of evidence of water going down the side of the base & onto the floorboards.

Any ideas where my problem may lie please?

Sponsored Links
Yes - its the same waste - how would I get access to that, would it have to be from below (in my case the trap is visible from the garage below - it pokes through the ceiling)?

Is there any chance it could be the base leaking even though theres no evidence of even a hairline crack? :?: - all seems very sturdy.

Sponsored Links
check the trap - sounds like an easy visual for you.

Then check walls, might be running down walls behind tiles and then emptying onto floor where the boarding runs under the tiles.

Tray sounds to be least likely if no damage is visible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back