Leaking tap...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I've noticed that water was dripping from under my tap. On closer inspection I realized that it was in fact hot water tap which was causing this problem. It's a mixer tap, and as you can see on the pictures, it's leaking from under the circlip.
I've tried unscrewing whole hw valve, but it's stuck real good, cillit bang and WD40 were useless, any advice on that?
What can I do to stop leaking?
Also my tap isn't properly sealed to the sink as water from hw tap goes under the tap and on the floor, is that a straightforward fix, e.g. get some rubber seals from plumb shop and replace them?
Thanks for replies in advance.

Sponsored Links
What can I do to stop leaking?

Buy a new tap insert the rubber o rings failed more likely chewed up.
If it also leaking at base i would remove mixer and then you'll beable to get insert out and sort the rubber seal at the base at same time.

I would try it, but like I said earlier i can't undo valve, worried that I could break tap or crack sink :(

I would try it, but like I said earlier i can't undo valve, worried that I could break tap or crack sink :(

As i said remove the mixer from basin then you can remove the insert and sort the base leak out same time.

If mixer is removed you can use alot more pressure on the spanner etc without breaking anything.

Sponsored Links
Ah, my bad, I misread what you wrote earlier. I'm going to give it a go on my days off. Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back