leaking taps !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Not really a horror story, but thought it would give you a chuckle.

The taps in my bathroom were a cheap standard type with rubber washers that dripped and had started to look a bit tired.
At the weekend i saw a bathroom pack basin and bath taps in chrome with ceramic insets for a fantastic £33 !!!! No more dripping taps !
However..............When i started to take my old taps off my basin i discovered that the the previous owner of the house had smeared what looks like boss white all over the tap threads. I could disconect the water but couldnt get the nut off the tap that holds it onto the sink.
I had to hacksaw all four taps off, as this stuff was smeared over every thread. It didnt take long, but was just a pain in the a :evil: e.
So however temped you may be to use boss white on threads to seal etc, just remember the poor soul that comes along in years time to try and remove the item. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I had a similar experiance on the light pulls (of all things) went to replace them, and they where chock full of it!

the worse thing was the strings where quite short anyway, so i had to desperatly tried to hack them off before reluctantly re-strung them.

oh, for the simple jobs that go as they should :)

You mean there 'REALLY IS' such a thing as a simple job?

I know the books and TV programs say there is but I've never discovered one! They always go t*ts up! :eek:

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back