Leaking toilet advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have today discovered that the water feed going into our toilet is leaking. It looks to have been leaking for some time by the state of things too…
I’ve attached some pictures - essentially, the pipe going into the rubber seems fixed, but I can move the pipe and rubber as a whole back and forth. I have taken a video of what I mean also but can’t find how to upload it.
Could anyone help with what the necessary rubber would be please? Assuming it’s the rubber that will need replacing. Any help is greatly appreciated, as it’s causing a nightmare dripping onto the wood boarding below.
Thanks
Dougie

Attachments

• 58E71C69-59F4-41D9-A9BC-5059046C9AE5.jpeg
    58E71C69-59F4-41D9-A9BC-5059046C9AE5.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 48
Sponsored Links
Check your toilet pan is secure too, otherwise you may get the same fail.

Sponsored Links
The pan connector looks dubious too ,what's the blue stuff apparently wrapped around it ?

Thanks CBW - I’ll check it’s tight
Terry - so……. We rent so I don’t really normally have to get involved in the plumbing and fixing, but the wait for someone to come out is just ridiculous, so, this is the first time I’ve had to get behind the panelling of the toilet. The blue stuff looks to be like an insulating tape - I’ll get a proper picture. I also don’t think it’s helping the damp problem that the cistern is literally dripping in condensation.

It's a bit of a bodge job ,but if it's watertight leave well alone.
If the cistern is dripping condensation it needs insulating.

I had to buy a couple of these recently for a job and was surprised at a reasonable price at Toolstation.

But their stocks at the branches are often rather lacking these days.

Funnily enough agile, I’ve had to get it ordered for delivery - non in stock in my local store..
Terry - yeh, I’ll leave it alone, it seems to be watertight.. I’ll look for some insulation for the cistern. Also - I’ve just pulled back the flooring. Looks like it’s been leaking for some time!! ‍

Terry - I’ve read a few reviews that people are having to put clear silicone on the flush cones to stop them weeping. Is that quite common or should they fit without silicone? Just to be sure - I’ve ordered the below part..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back