Leaking Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got home from work this morning after a long nightshift to be greeted by the wife saying the bathroom floor is soaking.

Found the source of the leak and water is coming out where the pan meets the pipe that takes the water etc outside. This is a flexible pipe that can be moved back and forward slightly and I am able to turn it round. She said that the water level was high last night when she flushed it but it quickly went down, as it has been getting flushed today the level looks as normal but the leak is still there although it is down to just a drip. Although I think something is blocking the water and I have been assured nothing out of the ordinary went down there I was also wondering if the connecting pipe's seal could have perished.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Is the tank overflowing?

If so adjust the valve to cut the water off approx 2 ins below the overflow level. :D

No. Its coming from where the pan meets the pipe that connects to waste pipe.

Sponsored Links
Not as long as that and has been in place for years. The end that fits the pan is solid and has a seal. The other end fits into the wall and is a concertina effect. The more I think about it and look at it, it must be a blockage that has maybe been building up over time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back