Leaking Triton Opal shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know absolutely nothing about showers and yesterday my Triton Opal started leaking. It's about 6 or 7 years old and has been working fine. Yesterday I was using as normal and then hit the cold water button, turned the dial to 0 and changed the setting on the shower head for more power to rinse the bath. Then the water stopped coming out of the shower head and started spilling out of the short clear plastic pipe that comes out of the bottom of the unit just behind where the shower flex attaches (not sure if this pipe was supposed to have been plumbed in as an overflow? but in any event it wasn't and just extends about an inch down from the shower.) Obviously water spills out of this pipe now every time I try to use the shower.

I've had the cover off and everything looks ok but then I haven't a clue what i'm looking for.

Any ideas? Sound like me being stupid and an easy fix or time to call out an expert/replace the shower?

I do have pics with the cover both on and off but am having trouble uploading.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, the Pressur Relief Device, has gone. It will need replaced, fairly straightforward. It might have happened when you adjusted the controls, or maybe something else caused it.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I have the same problem, it appears the pressure Relief Device has gone, same leaking from the plastic pipe, can you tell me if this fixed your problem and if so exactly which part do i need to order and is it easy to replace

Many thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back