Leaking Vado Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, had a bit of a disaster this afternoon whilst cleaning my Vado shower cartridge...

The cold water isolator screw started leaking the moment I tried to turn it and the head then broke off. It continues to leak and when I then turned the hot water one this also started leaking. I'm assuming that they are corroded.

I've attached a photo to help visualise the shower.

I have tried EVO-Stick leak repair putty but this didn't stop the leak.

Any suggestions?

I haven't got a socket large enough, but could the area where the isolator be replaced or are am I looking at a whole new shower?

I'm now in bad books with the other half so would greatly appreciate any advice!
Vado leak.jpg

Sponsored Links
If one of them has sheared then I'm afraid it's a new shower. Not worth the hassle trying to fix.

If you did want to try and fix, you'd need to drill out and tap then find suitable screws.

Toss up between that or pulling your wall apart!

Bet you wish you hadn't now, bummer :(

This post is old now but just in case anyone has this same issue, this does not require a new shower. These isolation valves are replacement parts.

I got mine from DiVapor: https://www.divapor.com/spares/show...ado-cel-003a-fil-non-return-valve-housing.php

But, you need to get the right part for the shower of your exact model, so call Vado after-sales support (they are excellent and you don't need a warranty for them to help you with issues). Send them photographs of your model and they'll give you the part number.

Hope this poor man didn't buy a new shower for parts that are £20 each.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back